hmmmmmmmmm.......: two movies & an update

Wednesday, July 02, 2008

two movies & an update

Just got back from seeing Hancock, which was really quite a entertaining. Partway through, the tired old plot of "those Black guys with the chip on their shoulder just need a lil love n understanding" gives way to something quite a bit more interesting. Loopy saw the plot twist coming, but I had no idea. See if you can predict it!

Couple days ago we saw the new Indiana Jones. Always good for a bit of fun, of course, but the plot was one of the worst yet - of course, there's no reason to think too carefully about the plot. The human-interest aspect presents a very thorny problem and wraps it up far too quickly, neatly, and easily, but hey. With Lucas on board it could have been much, much worse.

In between I've been working pretty hard on the job search, actually... kinda proud of myself even though there's always more I coulda been doing... decided to take a class that would (I think) qualify me for emergency special-ed certification, which would pretty much guarantee me something in the fall. I'm thinking of aiming for either a suburban (easier) classroom and if that fails, taking a special ed position anywhere. I have always done better working with one student or a small group anyway, and that's where special ed teachers work in CPS, which is great, really.... more and more it feels like the natural next direction. After you get the emergency certification you have a couple years to finish the rest of the coursework...

We'll see what happens.

1 comment:

goblinbox said...

I haven't seen a movie in the theatre for far too long. I need to get out and see some big screen action!

Hope the job search pans out easily, dear!