hmmmmmmmmm.......: OMFG

Saturday, August 18, 2007

OMFG

Monday is the big day... I am starting to panic... I went shopping two weeks ago and bought a bunch of clothes for school... I felt so full of foresight and competence... but I forgot/didn't think/procrastinated on having the pants hemmed... I just put them in at the cleaners and they will take a week!!! What will I wear for the first week????

Part of my brain is berating me for not having taken them in sooner. THe other part of my brain is berating me for having taken them in today - "you should have just worn them long - it's better to look like you didn't have your pants hemmed, than to show up in jeans!" Aaaaaagh.

As I was really hitting max panic mode, I happened to be driving past Wrigley Field. The streets were crammed with fans and suddenly a huge roar went up from the stadium. Then the Thunderbirds zoomed past overhead (as they've been doing all day because of the Air & Water Show on the lakefront). I watched a traffic cop and a cab driver having a battle of wills. There was a faint glimmer of joy that we are in a city, we are in a city, we are in a real city, amen.

But.... my pants!!!!!!!!!

3 comments:

Ang said...

Yay, you can do it - in whatever pants you want!

Chris said...

you are so gonna' rock, pants or no pants. well, ok, so maybe pants of some kind are a little bit necessary to rock in this instance. at least until they get to know you. (-;

i'm so psyched for you, gf -- both about the job and being back in a big city!!!

birdfarm said...

awwwww.... you guys rock. :-) a last-minute trip to lane bryant saved the day (petite big sizes!)