hmmmmmmmmm.......: Loopy-Loopy dialogue

Tuesday, November 28, 2006

Loopy-Loopy dialogue

Me (calling from our house): Hey Lovey, where's your ... [boring logistical discussion follows]

Me: So it's really nice to be home. I really miss it. Do you think we could maybe think about moving home soon?

Loopy: OK.

Me: I know you're scared, but maybe you're being affected by your memories of all the months when you were in so much pain and you were all alone so much of the time. It will be different now.

Loopy: Yeah, maybe.

Me: So, you know, I don't want to push you or anything, so if you're not ready that's okay, but maybe next time I come out here you could come with me, just see how it goes?

Loopy: Uh huh.

Me: You could try the stairs, and maybe it'll be like, "Whoa, this is impossible, not yet, no way," but maybe it'll be like, "Wow, this is nothing, I don't know what I was worried about."

Loopy: OK, yeah.

(pause)

Me: It's just really nice to be home.

(pause)

Me: Hello? Are you there?

Loopy: I'm sorry, I'm just trying to watch this really important show about how to make chocolate-dipped pretzels.

3 comments:

miriam said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
goblinbox said...

Did you see Faustus' post about post-coital discussions at his house? The punchline was, "You can't go to sleep, we have to DISCUSS OUR EMOTIONS." Bwahahahahahaa!

birdfarm said...

ha yup, i remember that one! :-)