hmmmmmmmmm.......: more news

Saturday, September 23, 2006

more news

so, well, Loopy only slept one night, and even that was short & interrupted. after that the pain was back and so was the pacing, the moaning, the lying down for half an hour only to spring up again as the muscle spasms started. it was all awful.

Sunday night I made her go to the ER because her feet were swollen and tingly. I called the doctor on call at our insurance, and he said to go; at the ER the doctor there confirmed that yes, it's good to come in for those symptoms, as they can point to several life-threatening conditions.

Fortunately none of those were the case, BUT the doctor there gave her prednisone, which immediately made the pain stop, and it stayed stopped until she stopped taking the prednisone, i.e., today. (You can't take it for long since it's pretty toxic). Now the pain is back, a little; we're waiting to see how much worse it gets. She's scheduled for a steroid shot on Oct. 5. Hopefully that will end the pain for at least a year or two.

In other news, my grade changes finally went through and I officially got my degree--Bachelor of Science in Education. Yay for me! I still am not subbing, b/c when I finally got it together to submit the paperwork, turns out it takes weeks to be approved--it's like being accepted for any other job. Wow. Okay then. Hurry up and wait.

Still, it's good to know that all those F's are wiped off my record... my hideous and embarrassing failures concealed from the world.... hard to describe how good that feels, and interesting to observe.

2 comments:

miriam said...

CONGRATULATIONS!

You're a bachelor all over again.

Wait?
; )

Yay for you.

goblinbox said...

Poor Loopy! Goodness, that SUCKS.

But YAY YOU! YAY!