hmmmmmmmmm.......: bit of a body blow

Thursday, September 28, 2006

bit of a body blow

so i stayed up all night writing the application for Operation Fresh Start... then I cancelled my Farsi lesson (w Atefeh, how's that for a blast from the past, eh Miri?) and rewrote it... finally drove in to hand-deliver it by noon today.... on the way I picked up the mail... opened a letter from the Madison school district while driving, b/c I was excited... and it was a rejection!

not only are they saying I cannot be a sub (not even a SUB????? what am I, toxic????) for the district, but they sent the letter on the day that they received my online application--meaning, they didn't even see my transcripts, letters of reference, resumé, cover letter, or page of additional references.

i was really thrown. rug pulled out from under, etc.

i really hope the Operation Fresh Start application goes better, or else, what am I gonna do? seriously--what?

i ran into a parent of one of my old students at dinner tonight (Maharaja East, yay!) and she almost offered me a job on the spot--part time, after-school program with 2nd to 6th graders. i told her, "I kinda draw the line at the age when I have to wipe their nose for them," but who knows I might take it if it comes through. I'm a little afraid to hope at this point.

1 comment:

miriam said...

ooo. atefeh. how is she? i will reply more about sub application response in post about call to them. yay for maharaja east, though! don't turn it down, yet...what timing.