hmmmmmmmmm.......: OK, so not all people suck all the time...

Wednesday, March 08, 2006

OK, so not all people suck all the time...

A nice lady named Susan found my phone. I met her at this, our favorite internet cafe (Loopy posted about it here—just don't order any espresso drinks, they take forever and taste weird, but everything else made by the Latino & Middle Eastern staff is wonderful—try the homemade hummus, oh my god!!!) and gave her four Vosges truffles to thank her for all her trouble (which included not only picking up the phone from the sidewalk(!!!), but, since this is me we're talking about, also included playing annoying phone tag all day about how we could meet).

Also, Peter Gabriel's song 'In Your Eyes' is playing. When I was religious it used to make me think of god, then for years it made me think about how I used to be religious, but lately with the changes being wrought by couples' therapy it has started to make me think of Loopy....

Damn John Cusack... I've never seen that movie, but as I understand it, anyone who has will never think of anything else when they hear that song.

So I'll never be able to dedicate or play it to Loopy without her rolling her eyes and thinking of that dumb scene. Rats.

Anyway, Loopy is another of the people referred to in the title of this post, who not only doesn't suck but helps make life worth living. And so are all of you, my dear readers. Thank you for reading. I really appreciate it.

3 comments:

Chris said...

mwah mwah mwah to you, sister girl. ilove you.

and my boy johnny cusak is So. Very. Hot. in that scene. Yummy memories.

goblinbox said...

I adore both the Cusaks. His sister? Love her. Did you see her in Addams Family Values? OMG, she was three-t hottt. I don't like her so much now that she's skinny and doing cell phone commercials, but damn.

miriam said...

Yay for phone being found! And it's really sweet to me how you commented about opening on my blog, then I published a new blog, *then* discovered your comments in the moderation box and published them. Just as a great reminder that we can support each other, open.

No relation at all to the Cusaks, but worth saying...