hmmmmmmmmm.......: good things come...

Thursday, March 16, 2006

good things come...

...to those who wait long enough... or something like that was what my Mom used to say. Well, I don't really believe that, but if you've been waiting for pix and a report of our fun day with Amy, you've been waiting a while, and good things are coming your way, I promise.

Just not yet.

But here are a couple photos to tide you over. Click on either for a bigger version.

Amy & me in front of LUSH
(note I'm wearing my new favorite
sweater
, the one Loopy hates)
Amy at the Shedd Aquarium


In other news:
  • I found my inner grownup but lost it again, sort of, temporarily, but, you know, these things take time....
  • Loopy and I had some stormy sessions with Our Little Italian Friend and had a breakthrough but then I screwed it up, a little, but basically everything is much better.
  • I wrote to my two advisors and told them "I'm coming back," and also wrote to the administrator-type-person who is in charge of deciding whether I can do that or not and she said I can.
  • I'm almost done with the work for one of my classes.
  • I got to see Joel again!
  • My friend Maya also visited us in Chicago and we went to the zoo and the Japanese grocery store.
  • Loopy is downstairs right now cooking delcious things, yay!


So basically life is good! Mostly!

Now my inner grownup and I are going downstairs to stretch and walk on the treadmill. Really we are. I promise. (This doesn't sound very grown-up, does it! Oh dear!)

2 comments:

goblinbox said...

You sound like people want you to be a grownup but YOU don' maybe wanna be one.

To which I can totally. Fucking. Relate.

birdfarm said...

Welllllll

honestly? yup. good call...

I mean I want to be a grownup too....

or some of me does........

and some of me does NOT.... and that's the some that seems to be in charge today...

and sometimes it's easier to just let that take over

but then i'm sorry later

but somehow it's hard to stop

thanks for reading & commenting mmm, i always appreciate it.