hmmmmmmmmm.......: way too stream-of-consciousness...

Thursday, September 02, 2004

way too stream-of-consciousness...

ok, first of all, who wrote that last post? do I really talk like that? "she seems pretty cool"? "scary stuff man"? "here's a shout-out"? What is this, MTV--no, make that VH1--"veejay" tryouts??? jeezus. When I was in SF my old friend (and former high school English teacher) was horrified that I constantly say "awesome." Yeah, thanks a lot, Ang and Miriam. ;-)

Anyway, tonight Loopy's advisor and all her fellow advisees came to dinner. Despite some trepidation beforehand it was actually very nice. I even dare to think that it's possible that everyone had a good time--and I can't remember when I attended (much less hosted) a party where everyone had a good time. Usually someone's bored, depressed, irritated, distracted, whatever. The food was....well, awesome (yeah, thanks a lot, Ang and Loopy) ;-) and we sat around outside on the screened porch. For some reason that's the first time we've ever eaten a meal out there. Very pleasant--the temperature was perfect.

I got all anxious and babbled at Loopy's advisor, but he didn't seem to mind. I gave him a tour of the house and pointed out weird things and talked really fast. I always hear that he asks lots of questions and is interested in everything so I guess I felt free to make myself a specimen. Like I said, he didn't seem to mind, and he did ask questions--actually he asked my favorite kind of questions, the kind that lead up to great stories, like, "Where did you get those two Chinese paintings?" (On the street in China. There's more to the story but this post is too long already).

Loopy is calling mournfully from the other room. She needs a Motrin after vacuuming furiously for the evening's events. Vacuuming always hurts our backs. It's best if we divide the job but I was at school. Which is still going swimmingly--I taught my first activity today and the teacher said she thought it went well. Yay! The kids are AWESOME. (hmmm, I do over-use that word). Anyway, gotta get Loopy her Motrin. Poor Loopy. First a root canal, now a backache....


2 comments:

Ang said...

I had a great time! Although I usually so enjoy restaurants over house parties, the Sir-Edwin/Loopy residence is one striking exception to that rule. Even though I dehydrated myself staying in the hot tub too long.

birdfarm said...

there are so many things i could say here, but i won't.

god. so many.

oh, man. i keep thinking of more. ok, stop! stop now!!!!!