hmmmmmmmmm.......: karaoke, karie-yokie, carey-oke....

Sunday, September 05, 2004

karaoke, karie-yokie, carey-oke....

I neglected to blog about karaoke last week (or the week before, whenever it was).

I had a lot of fun. Those who observed the incessant flailing and hollering that represent my best attempt at dancing & singing along will no doubt already be aware of this. Those who were not present will be amused to hear that I sang "when I'm 64" (too quietly and not too well), in honor of Loopy's & my 11th anniversary; and that I later followed that up with a much drunker and rowdier rendition of "brick house" also in honor of the love of my life ("that lady's stacked and that's a fact, she ain't holding nothing back")(many thanks to my lovely bandmates on that one).

I also had a chance to meet NC--Loopy has been raving about NC's blog for many months now. Wow, NC is gorgeous!!! I had stupidly assumed that she'd be a matronly middle-aged sort of person, since she's a law prof and all that, but not at all. It was fun to meet her after all this time. She and another distinguished UW prof sang "if I had a hammer," which was definitely a highlight in my opinion.

There were lots of other highlights too and I hope I get to go back! Yay! And if anyone has any photos of me at this event, please destroy them. No, kidding, please send me a copy (and then destroy them).

1 comment:

nina said...

Hey, matronly is cool! I aspire to it! But you got it all wrong about the supremely great part of the meeting that took place during carey-oke. It was mine of you.[Did I get the grammar right on that one? Did someone say they were an English major once? Help me out here...]