hmmmmmmmmm.......: busy

Thursday, April 26, 2007

busy

We sold the house. After six days on the market. Kinda mind-boggling. Loopy says her stomach is churning and she won't be able to sleep. I am pleased and relieved but not extremely emotional about it right now... just a bit stressed about everything we have to do in the next few days. ("I can't believe you're not having more of a reaction!" Loopy says. "I'm leaving for Iran in a week... it's hard to top that," I noted).

So, yes. Let's review the situation here.

  • We're going to Chicago Sunday, hopefully to finalize which apartment we want to make an offer on, so Loopy can pursue that in my absence.
  • I need to clean the basement and set up the two new de-humidifiers, because prospective buyers say it smells musty (we will keep showing it in case this buyer doesn't get financing or something).
  • We are playing some kind of offer-counter-offer tennis game with our neighbors over a piece of empty land we're selling them. (Empty of houses anyway... tho full of cross-country ski trails, wildlife, and lovely trees). At this rate we should just give the fucking land to our & our neighbors' lawyers to pay their fees.
  • I need to find a job.
  • Did I mention, I'm going to Iran next week? I should pack.


So, yeah. Busy.

1 comment:

goblinbox said...

Six days?! Holy cow, did you price it too low?

Congrats!